Saturday, January 21, 2012

Say What?!

Last night, the only thing that would keep Max from whining was when his daddy would chase the dog while holding him. Max thought it was HILARIOUS. His little laugh is absolutely the most sweetest sound in the entire world. Husband would hold Max and stomp from the kitchen to the living room while the dog ran back and forth jumping up and down and Max was rolling. It was sooo funny! Mike handed a laughing Max to me and continued to act goofy, making Max laugh even harder. Once Max's laughter quieted, he started jibber-jabbering and I said "say Ma-Ma" into his ear. Approximately 5 seconds later, Max said "uh-ma... uh-ma". My jaw dropped. I looked at Mike, who's mouth was also hanging open. "Ma-Ma" I said to him. "Uh-ma... uh-ma" He said it AGAIN. Husband and I FREAKED OUT. He said it 3 more times. We freaked out some more. I whip out my phone and try to record him saying it... of course then he doesn't say a word and just stares at me. Go figure.

A few minutes later I am standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes and Mike walks into the kitchen holding Max. I turn a around and say a loud "Hi!" He grins the biggest grin and Mike says "who is that?" Max grins again. I say "Ma-Ma" to him and his little lips start moving like he's really trying to say something but no sound is coming out. After a few seconds of this he says "ma". We freak out again. Mike says to me "Turn around, do it again!" So I turn back to the sink and Mike steps out of the kitchen with Max. They walk back in and Mike says "who is that?" I turn around. Max grins. I say "Ma-Ma". A few seconds later Max says "Ma...... Ma.....". We flip out. Husband and I are squealing and jumping around from utter joy and excitement. Now, of course he's only 5.5 months old so he isn't really aware of what he was saying but still...... he did it. My little baby said it over and over last night. Husband and I were ecstatic. I'm sure he won't say it again for another 6 months now but that's okay! He said "Mama". And while I'm sure he didn't know what he meant, I like to think that maybe he did. I mean, he DID say it while looking at me.... so maybe he knew. Either way, I am so happy and proud of my smart little boy. He is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment