Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Discoveries

I love watching Max learn. Everyday he is discovering something about his surroundings or how to do things or make certain sounds. It's amazing and entertaining! It is crazy how fast babies grow and change. It really does seem like just yesterday that I was trying to get him to turn his head towards my voice and now here he is, with a tooth, rolling and yelling and smiling and playing. He is a totally different baby! It is so fun to watch him!

Max LOVES his feet. He loves to bend over and grab his toes when sitting up, or grab his feet and pull them toward his mouth while laying down. One day while laying on his back and reaching for his feet, he missed his foot and discovered something else... his wee wee. He felt, grabbed, and pulled. And so, the love affair with his wee wee begins. In the bathtub, hand on the wee wee. 90% of the time when I change him, hand goes for the wee wee. Which is really awesome when I'm changing a dirty diaper and his hand comes out of nowhere and makes an even bigger mess. Yuck. His love for his wee wee will only grow as time goes on. GREAT. I didn't think he would find it so quickly. But he did. Maybe he will forget about it and re-discover it at a later date. Who knows. For now I will wrestle his hand away during messy diaper changes and shake my head when he grabs it in the bathtub and smiles from pure happiness. Yep, I am definitely the mother of a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment