Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mr. Personality

Whoever thinks that a 5 month old baby has yet to develop a personality is WRONG. My Max has a whole lotta personality for a little dude! I love it. He is becoming his own little person and it is very entertaining. When he's happy he smiles the biggest smile and then sometimes gets bashful and buries his face.

Things that make Max happy (besides mommy):
-His Jumperoo: he LOVES to jump and bounce and swing. He smiles and has a blast in that thing.
-His bottle: the kid LOVES to eat. The other day I was holding him and a bottle with the same arm while talking to my hubby and I look down and Max is hunched over sucking on the nipple trying to extract some milk. I was obviously taking too long.
-Burp cloths: usually used for wiping/catching spit up and/or drool. Max loves to chew on them.
-Bath time: he grins and splashes and grabs his wee wee. And loves every second of it.
-Music: he enjoys the typical baby songs (twinkle twinkle, ABC's, etc) but he really likes inappropriate songs. "Moves Like Jagger" used to be a favorite. He also used to laugh every time I raised his arms in the air and sang "ahhhh freak out! Le freak, c'est chic." Today he is nothing but smiles when I sing "Gold Digger". Yeah, I probably shouldn't, but he likes it! All that was coming to my mind was that episode of Friends where Ross & Rachel sing "I Like Big Butts" to calm down their little one. I'm sure Max would be a fan of Sir Mix-a-lot too.
-Tickling: he is SOO ticklish. Everywhere. Legs, back, neck, ribs. He thinks it's hilarious when I raise his arms and "bite" his ribs. I say "I'm hungry forrrrrrr..... ribs!" and he just LOSES it. Yes, odd sense of humor.
-Squealing: his new trick. He recently discovered how to scream/squeal and he does it ALL THE TIME. LOUDLY. He sees how long he can hold each squeal. Sometimes I'm worried that he's going to make himself pass out. It's pretty impressive how long he can hold the note.

When Max is mad, he is MAD MAD MAD. He has quite the temper (no idea where he got it?) He can turn that scream on in 2.5 seconds. One minute he's a little fussy, the next he is arching his back, throwing that head back and SCREECHING. And clawing. And pinching. He gets mean! Sometimes I swear, he needs a spankin!

Things that make Max unhappy:
-Sitting in his Bumbo for longer than 5 minutes: He arches his back and tries to throw himself out of it.
-Being on his belly for too long: he rolls onto his belly and then gets mad and face plants and then starts screaming
-Tickling his neck: he laughs hysterically when I tickle his ribs. Neck is off limits. He cries.
-Bulb syringe: he swats at it and turns his head away. I have to wrestle him daily.
-Vacuum: don't even think about turning it on with him in ear shot
-Car seat: he has a meltdown until he is in the car and moving and the radio is on

He also apparently hates mommy's blog because he is currently clawing at my arm and trying to bite it with his TWO, that's right, TWO teeth. Second one broke the skin today. He better not turn into a biter. Yikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment