Saturday, January 21, 2012

No Sick Days

We've been so busy for the past couple of weeks and I have been slacking on my blog posts! So, today I will write 2. It was a LONNNG night last night and today I am absolutely exhausted. And sick. I have some sinus/throat thing going on and my head is pounding and my throat is scratchy and sore... and my poor sweet Max feels worse than I do :( It's so crazy how 1 month ago, my baby didn't have a single tooth. Today, he has 4. 2 on the bottom and his 2 "fang" teeth on top have broken through the skin in the past couple of days. I sent my mom a text message the other day and said "Max's fang teeth are coming in on the top before his front teeth. He is going to look so funny!" Her response? "That's okay, vampires are popular." My little baby currently looks like a miniature 7 year old that has lost their 2 front teeth. Or a hillbilly. But he is cute either way! I think the front 2 will be joining the other 4 shortly and that will make SIX!

These top ones have been harder on him than the bottom ones. He was so fussy yesterday afternoon and I noticed that he felt warm so I took his temperature. 100.4 degrees. Uh-oh. I called the clinic and there were no appointments available... GREAT. The nurse predicted that the fever was from teething and said to give him Tylenol and monitor it. Call back if it increases. 3 hours later, 101.4 degrees and more crabbiness. I call back. His nose has started to run a little now. "Even healthy babies get 5-6 colds a year, nothing to worry about. You're taking good care of him," she tells me. More Tylenol & as long as it stays below 104 degrees, we're good. ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR?! WHAAAT??? That's ridiculous. But I do what they say, I'm not the expert here. More tylenol, place cold rag on his neck, let him lay in his diaper for a bit..... my poor crabby baby. In the meantime, mommy is feeling worse as the night goes on.

11 p.m. and Max has fallen asleep laying on my chest on the couch so I take him upstairs to bed.
12 a.m. Max wakes up and starts crying. Up, change diaper, oh looks who's wide awake. SUPER. I take him downstairs as not to disturb sleeping husband who has to be at work at 6 a.m.
1:05 a.m. I take sleeping Max back upstairs and lay him down.
2:30 a.m. Max's is awake and crying again. My head is pounding and I moan "Ugh!" Husband gets up with him this time. Daddy rocks Max for the next hour then realizes that it's 3:30 a.m. and he has to be up in an hour and a half so he lays Max down and goes downstairs to sleep on the couch.
3:45 a.m. Max fusses in his pack n play next to me so I put him in the bed with me since husband is now sleeping downstairs. Max fusses and whines with his eyes closed while kicking me in the gut for the next 45 minutes and then finally falls asleep.
5:15 a.m. Max is awake and crying. I make him a bottle, change diaper, and rock him in the recliner. At this point, I may or may not have teared up from lack of sleep and a pounding headache which has gotten worse due to lack of sleep.
5:50 a.m. I lay a wide awake Max back in my bed with me. Husband leaves for work. Max whines and kicks again for another 30 minutes or so until finally falling back to sleep.
7:45 a.m. Max is crying and we are both up for the day.

Bah! I am so sick of teething and I hate that my baby doesn't feel well. I hate that I also don't feel well and all I want to do right now is sleep............. it sucks to feel like crap while taking care of a baby that also feels like crap. Mommies don't get sick days. I wish my body had gotten that memo. Too bad that both grandmas live 800 miles away. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment