Friday, December 30, 2011

What a year

As 2011 comes to an end, I look back on the past year and am amazed by how much has changed!

December 2010- After living in a hotel for 3 weeks, we move into our house. Mike & I spend our 1st Christmas together as a married couple and last one without a baby! I have my first doctor's appointment and my due date is set for August 8, 2011.
January 2011- Happy New Year! I spent most of this month decorating and organizing our new house. Heard baby's heartbeat for the first time this month also :)
February 2011- We made it through the 1st trimester! I have my first ultrasound at 13 weeks. Seeing our little nugget for the first time was amazing! Baby was very cooperative. We even saw something questionable between his legs ;) Ultrasound tech says, "now don't go out and buy all blue or anything but I would say that you're having a boy!" We were so excited! I was convinced that we were having a girl before this ultrasound so I was surprised. My mother's intuition was wrong! Megan came to visit us and was the first one from back home to see my baby bump. "Baby" is named Max. We chose that name while we were dating... long before even the thought of conception. Our baby was going to be named Max whether he was a boy or a girl. The middle name depended on the sex (Max Henry vs. Max Harper) but our baby was always Max!
March 2011- My mom & sister came to visit and the shopping for baby begins! Nana bought baby a car seat and stroller and we bought a crib and bedding (against the ultrasound tech's advice) and began to decorate the nursery. Mother-in-law sends us to pick out a rocker/recliner for baby's room. Yes, it was early, but we were so excited!
April 2011- Bailey & Richelle come to visit and we do more shopping for baby... added a swing and Bumbo seat to the mix. Mother-in-law comes to visit and is able to go to our next ultrasound where we found out that yes, it's a BOY! We buy clothes, clothes, and more clothes! Mike is working a crazy schedule and is never home so I ride back to the midwest with mother-in-law to spend a couple of weeks so that I am not home by myself. My dad and the rest of my girlfriends see my ever growing baby belly for the 1st time.
May 2011- Bailey hosts a baby shower for me and baby Max before I head back home. We are very spoiled! I fly back home, so excited to see my hubby after 3 weeks. I enter the 3rd trimester and fail my glucose test. Uh-oh, I have gestational diabetes. I meet with dietician who teaches me about my new diet and how to check my blood sugar 4x a day (yuck!) Mike turns 26.
June 2011- Mike's passes his inspection at work and his schedule slows down a bit. I begin to have coffee once a week with a group of other wives and finally make some friends! They all have little ones too so I am excited to have some mommy friends! I turn 24.
July 2011- I am miserable and hot and very pregnant. I thought for sure Max would come at the end of July, but nope! We find out that Mike's training gets moved from August 20 to August 1st which means he will be gone if Max doesn't come before then. July 30, my mom flies to here to be with me since baby did NOT come before Mike left. Mike leaves July 31st. I am still pregnant.
August 2011- Mom & I spend the first week walking and walking and walking... trying to get Max outta my belly! I set an induction date of August 9 if baby is not here before. I am having contractions every 3-5 minutes and I go to the hospital 3 times that week thinking that I am in labor but I get sent home after a couple of hours without dilation progress. I was not in "active labor" yet. Sunday August 7, 2011 I am finally in active labor! I am admitted to the hospital at 6 a.m. and our baby boy, Max Henry, is born at 9:10 p.m. 7 lbs, 15oz, 21.5 in long. My angel baby is finally here! Mom stays with me for another week. Mike is able to come home the weekend after Max is born and meets his 6 day old son for the first time. Gay (mother-in-law) comes and spends 2 weeks with us. I am nursing and getting used to being mommy to a little boy that is immediately a mama's boy. Gay leaves and I spend 2 weeks alone with Max.
September 2011- Mike graduates from his training and gets to take 10 days of paternity leave. We decide to drive to the midwest and spend a week there so our dads and friends can meet baby Max.
October 2011- Max's first Halloween! He is a spider :)
November 2011- Mike & I celebrate our first anniversary and head to the midwest to spend 3 weeks at home with family & friends.

Whew! And here we are! December 30, 2011. We have been married a little over a year and are thoroughly enjoying being parents to our precious baby Max who will be 5 months old next weekend! We have adjusted quite well to parenthood. I love being a mommy and Mike is a fantastic dad. Seeing him with Max just melts my heart. Max brings so much joy to our lives and we are so blessed to have been chosen as his parents. So much has happened in the past year and I gladly welcome 2012. I am so excited to see what is in store for our family. Happy New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment