Friday, December 23, 2011

Don't Blink

Today was a sad day for mommy. Today I packed up Max's clothes that he has outgrown and gave them away. I had no idea that he would outgrow them so fast :( People always say that they do but you really don't understand until you are boxing up those tiny newborn and 0-3 month outfits and realizing how little he once was. What happened to my bitty baby??

I am so very thankful that Max is a healthy boy. I just didn't realize how big he would get in such a short amount of time. At 4.5 months, he is almost 20 lbs. Yes, he is a VERY big boy! 96 percentile for weight, 99 percentile for height. My tiny baby is no longer tiny. He is now in 6/6-9 month clothes. I was NOT prepared for that! With each outfit I folded, I boxed up the memory linked to it. That was the outfit he wore to his first doctor's appointment. That was the one he wore the first time he met his daddy. That's the gown he slept in that first night we were home from the hospital. That's the hat he never got to wear because his head was too big. Those were his first pair of shoes. That's the sweater he wore for his 3 month pictures. That's the shirt he was wearing when he pooped clear up to his neck while mommy was having coffee with her friends.... I remember every time he wore each outfit, where he wore it and what we were doing. Maybe I shouldn't be so attached to those clothes....... but they aren't just CLOTHES. They are memories of my baby's first few months in this world. Tear.

I kept a few outfits. The one he wore when I brought him home from the hospital. A few of our favorites... but 99% of them went to a friend that is expecting their first child.. which they found out yesterday is a boy :) I know that they will be put to good use. We aren't planning on another child until Max is 4 or 5 and we will most likely be moving before then... husband doesn't want to hold onto boxes and boxes of clothes. "It's fun to buy new ones, remember?" He tells me. Yes, I remember. But that still doesn't make it easy. I teared up while packing them. I am excited to hear him say "mama" for the first time. I am excited to see him wobbling around the house. I am excited to see the little person that he will grow into.... but at the same time, I don't want my baby to no longer be a baby! Another tear.

I was reminded to cherish each day that I am blessed to spend with him. Before I know it, he will be grown. Life goes too fast, so don't blink. And now the waterworks......

No comments:

Post a Comment