Monday, December 19, 2011

Is this real life?

I'm writing a blog. A first time mommy blog (in case you didn't get that from the title). I'm young, I'm a newlywed, I'm a first time mommy to the most beautiful little boy, and most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing! One thing I do know: I am obsessed with my child. I have never known a kind of love like this. Most days, I can't even believe that this is my life... that I was blessed with such a perfect gift. That I, someone that has made many mistakes in my life, was given the most precious responsibility. It is a responsibility that I am proud of and humbled by. I seriously underestimated mommyhood. I thought, 'hey, I have 5 siblings, I've worked in a daycare, I'm great with babies and kids. No big deal' HA! I shake my head and laugh at the foolishness that was childless Mallory. It is by far the most difficult thing I have ever, or will ever experience. Coincidentally, it is the most wonderfully rewarding responsibility and one that I cherish daily. Even on days when I want to cry because I am so exhausted, or days when I could vomit just by looking at the mess of my house around me because I have had no time to run the vacuum or scrub the toilet.. which may or may not be forming a nice ring around the inside.. or when I am up to my waist in laundry because little man pooped on not 1 or 2, but 3 outfits before noon... or when I look in the mirror and no longer recognize the person with the dark circles under her eyes, spit up stains on her shirt, short matted hair (no time for that beautiful waist length hair!) jittering from the 3 (or was that 4?) cups of coffee, realizing that I need to shower because I haven't yet today... or yesterday... or............ YES! Even on those days, all it takes is one toothless grin from my baby boy, and I don't care about my appearance or housework or lack of sleep. I will make ridiculous faces and noises and sing silly made up songs and rock him to sleep, because I am his mommy. And there is nowhere I'd rather be, and nothing else I'd rather be doing.       

I am writing this as if I am speaking. This blog is not meant to be grammatically correct, so don't judge... or do... I don't care, I've had 4 hours of sleep. I plan to post a few times a week because typing is something that I CAN do while holding a sleeping baby. I am writing this about my thoughts and experiences to share with those of you that care to read... and for those of you that don't care.. well, remember, you came to MY page.. so kindly, keep your opinions to yourself and move along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment