Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Half Birthday Update

Happy half birthday to my Max! It is hard to believe that he is 6 months old!! Makes me feel old...

At 6 months old, he currently:

-weighs over 20 lbs
-LOVES bananas
-can scoot backwards and sideways but has yet to crawl forward
-has 4 teeth
-sleeps through the night... HOLLA!!
-says "ma... mama... mamamama" all the time :)
-is getting more hair and it's getting darker... bout time that boy got brown hair!
-smiles and laughs ALL. THE. TIME. Unless he is tired, he is the happiest baby ever!
-when he's reaaally happy he opens his mouth as wide as he can and then gets bashful and buries his face in my chest
-prefers to sleep on his belly
-if he can grab it, it goes into his mouth immediately
-rolls all over the place. Don't leave him unsupervised unless contained in something ie. crib, jumperoo, pack n play
-he used to look identical to my baby pictures but he is looking more like his daddy... I really just think he is the perfect combination of us. He has his own look... he's just Max! And obviously I think he is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!
-obsessed with feet and toes. Anyone's feet and toes, not just his own!
-has very very dry skin. I think he has eczema but the doc says he's too young to tell if it's that or just this dry mountain air
-grabs toys with his left hand more than his right. Lefty? Who knows!
-bathtime is one of his favorite times of the day
-has yet to sleep in his crib... I keep telling myself "tonight is the night" but I haven't done it thus far
-is still very much a mama's boy, but he seems to love his daddy more and more the older he gets
-has a TEMPER! The other night I was rocking him, well more like wrestling him, trying to get him to sleep and he was fighting me like he usually does and he stuck his hand down my v-neck shirt and pinched my nipple. Another night, he was fighting sleep and crying and I bent over him trying to talk to him to calm him down and he smacked me in the face. I said "no no!" firmly and he balled both of his fists and growled an "uggghhh!" at me until his face got red. Anger management needed!
-has a VERY short attention span
-since finding his voice, he squeals and screams all the time
-really enjoys playing in the floor now that he can scoot. He no longer despises being on his belly... I actually can't keep him on his back now!
-his favorite toys are his soccer ball rattle, Sophie giraffe, and soft blocks
-loves his pacifier and bah-bah (bottle) will not go to sleep without one of them
-is a cuddler!

He is healthy, happy, and absolutely beautiful. He is such a blessing to us and brings much joy to our lives! Happy 6 months to my baby! Mommy loves you!




No comments:

Post a Comment