Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pro Traveler

I have officially survived my first flight with Max! ALONE, might I add. Aside from juggling all of our crap that I have to pack in order to go ANYWHERE, let alone on a weekend getaway, it really wasn't as bad as I anticipated! After checking in and going through security, yes I was sweating, but it was easier than I thought it would be! People around me were helpful when I needed an extra hand to carry something, and Max was on his best behavior! After a couple minor hiccups... Max kicked off one of his shoes (the only pair that I packed) in Denver airport and I didn't notice it until after the fact, and our flight was delayed 45 minutes... we were ready to board! Pllllease Max, be good on the plane. It had been a long day and I was worried he would be super tired and fussy or cry because his ears were popping or whatever. I gave him a bottle during take off and he slept until the wheels hit the ground. Whew! Same went for the flight home--yay!!!! He was an excellent flyer!

We had a great weekend with my girlfriends and Max was an angel-- he has them all fooled ;) No, but really, Max is a great baby but he definitely has his moments.. just like anyone else. On this trip, he was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better behaved child and travel companion :) He was a ham and soaked up every bit of attention that he got, he took 2-3 2 hour naps a day and slept for 11-12 hours at night. I was AMAZED! And happy! I'm glad he enjoyed the weekend and he allowed me to enjoy it as well. My girlfriends (and Bailey's mom) were finally able to spend more than an hour or two with him and we all loved being able to be together. It truly is rare that we ALL are together, especially for an entire weekend and I appreciated every second of it. I am still surprised that I was able to pull off the surprise of Max & I being there! I give myself a pat on the back for that! I also look forward to all of them having babies of their own so when we do a weekend getaway like this once or twice a year, all of the little "cousins" can play!

It was a great weekend but I am exhausted from traveling! No matter how well behaved they are, it is a lot of work to travel with a little one.. especially without my hubby! I am so relieved that he was good on the plane and even better all weekend... and I hope he continues to do that well while traveling because we are flying again in 2 weeks for my brother's wedding. Hopefully this good behavior on the plane wasn't a fluke. We shall see!


No comments:

Post a Comment