Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lying Mommy

Max makes a liar out of me on a daily basis. I say "he only takes 45 minute naps" and then he naps for 2 hours. I say "he only falls asleep when I rock him" and then he prefers to be left alone in his crib and gets himself to sleep. I say "he can only sit up alone for a minute and then loses his balance" and then he sits up alone for 10-15 minutes reaching for toys without falling over once. I say "he sleeps until 8:30 a.m.!" and then he wakes up at 6 a.m. for a week straight. I say "he refuses baby food purees" and then he scarfs down 2 jars. The list goes on and on. I guess I should stop saying what he likes and dislikes because he is fickle and changes his mind frequently!


CURRENTLY, he is doing a great job of sleeping in his crib at night and I LOVE it. Napping this week has been a struggle. From the insane wind blowing and howling, to the movers next door banging and clanging, naps have been short. Or maybe it has nothing to do with those things and he just doesn't feel like napping for more than 20 minutes. Who knows, that's my theory. Anyway, short naps result in a cranky baby... Fun! On the plus side, he has been going to bed earlier which gives me and husband more quality time.... but then he wakes up around 6:15 a.m. Super fun! I am blaming teething (6 total now), weather, and movers. Or maybe he just decided to change his schedule. Agh! I don't know. He's the boss.


CURRENTLY, he has been loving baby food and I am so glad! We have been experimenting for 2 months now and he hasn't been much of a fan. That has changed in the past couple of weeks and I am happy to report that he likes: carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, peaches, bananas, and applesauce. He also seems to enjoy snacking on yogurt melts. Yay! He still loves his bottle more than anything else, but we are making progress! For now, anyway.


CURRENTLY, he is sitting up by himself for 10-15 minutes at a time without falling over. He can even reach for toys and then straighten up without losing his balance. I try not to hover and just let him do his thing on his own. He is doing great! He is right on track and I am so proud of my boy who will be 7 months old next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment