Thursday, December 20, 2012

Playing Catch Up & Blog Birthday

Hello. Yes, we are still alive! This has been my longest hiatus from blogging. We have been extremely busy and have been traveling like CRAZY! And I have to do it again in another 2 weeks....................... but for now, we are at home in our house anticipating Christmas in just 5 days!! Yay!!!

We have experienced quite a bit these last couple of months:
-Max went to a pumpkin patch for the first time. He saw animals in a petting zoo (he thinks chickens are hilarious), went on a hayride, played in a corn box (instead of sand), and picked out his own pumpkin!
-Max was a T-Rex for Halloween
-He attended his first parade and decided that we needed to be IN said parade. So we were. We walked in the parade and he waved at people like the little ham that he is!
-He participated in his first sleepover at a fraunt's apartment. The outcome? 4 hours of sleep for mommy and a 6 a.m. drive back to nana's. Never again.
-He went to the St. Louis Magic House which was lots of fun! He loved exploring and of course, put EVERYTHING into his mouth.... which I will blame for why he got sick the following week.
-He got his first ear infection. A double ear infection. Which took a month to get over after 1 failed antibiotic and one (so far) successful antibiotic.
-He got to play with his 2 year old cousin Mabrie. Mabrie taught him how to open doors and how to jump on beds. She attempted to teach him how to hide behind Aunt Vanessa's bed and shove 10-12 Hershey's kisses into your mouth before getting caught.... but, surprisingly, he did not participate.
-We celebrated Christmas with the grandparents and Max got lots of goodies! He was spoiled, as usual.
-Max flew on a plane for the 7th and 8th time. Both, thankfully, uneventful yet again. I believe he is getting used to this!
-He met his "cousin" Roman. Fraunt Bailey's adorable baby boy. Max was VERY gentle and would pet and hug Roman oh so carefully. He would point and whisper "bebe". Cutest thing ever.
-Max can say: mama, dada/daddy (dah-dee), bye bye, baby (bebe), hush! (when he hears a dog bark), more (which he used to say when he wanted more food to eat, now more just means he wants whatever he is pointing to), uh huh (means yes), mo mo (Elmo), if I count "1....2..." he will finish with "gee" (three), oof! (woof is what a dog says), today we were singing about ducks and he said "kack" (quack) and I believe that covers it for now...
-He knows the motions to "Wheels On The Bus" and "If You're Happy And You Know It..."
-We are making progress eating with utensils! Now, he usually just bangs them on his plate BUT he does get a few bites in before he gives up and uses his hands.
-He is becoming increasingly more interested in books! Up until recently, he wouldn't sit still for me to read to him. I would read a page or 2 and he would grab the book from me and run off. Now, I read a book and I have to do it "gen" (again).
-He LOVES Barney. Barney, I would dare to say, may be taking Elmo's place as favorite character. Just maybe!
-Yesterday he played in the snow for the first time. And by "play" I mean he ran around for maybe 10 minutes until I made him come inside because it was just TOO COLD. Even bundled in his snowsuit, it was just too much! He loved it though! He didn't like when he fell and it got on his face, but otherwise snow in Max's book is pretty cool!

I think that's all as of now! I feel like he has grown up soo much these past few months. He is becoming such a little boy now! We are looking forward to spending Christmas together- just the 3 of us :-) before Mike takes off for 2 months of training and we head back to the midwest..............

OH! AND HAPPY 1 YEAR TO MY BLOG!!!!!!!! Thanks SO much for reading and keeping up with us! I started this last year as a way to express my feelings, talk about my favorite boy, share stories and experiences, and just a way to document my little guy's life. Even if no one reads what I write, it has been so great for me to keep track of all the happenings in Max's life. I often go back and read some of the beginning entries and think "wow! I forgot about that!" I have thoroughly enjoyed it! On a couple of occasions I have had a couple girls message me and say "thanks for writing that. I have felt the same way!" which makes me feel awesome and semi-normal. Semi. Anyway, thank you for reading. Thank you for encouraging me. And thank you for not scolding me when you disagree with my choices :-) I'll be back in a few days with a Christmas post!
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment