Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas & End of 2012

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I know we did. Christmas was more exciting this year because Max was an active participant! Max very carefully ripped each piece of wrapping paper and was slightly confused when he realized that he was finally ALLOWED to open the presents! Santa came early and delivered a rocking chair for my chair loving boy and a play kitchen. Oh and I got an iPad mini that I LOVE! Max got his "big gifts" early because he and I were supposed to leave in a few days while Mike left for training. BUT 2 days after Christmas Mike dropped a concrete pole on his hand at work and shattered 2 fingers. This incident requires surgery in 2 days and so our plans have been postponed. It will most likely be March before Mike gets to participate in his cross-training class. We were slightly disappointed but at least our plans are just postponed and not ruined altogether. It has been an eventful week but I must say, I am happy to be able to spend a little more time just the 3 of us before Mike takes off to Texas for 2 months. 

It's New Year's Eve!! Another year has flown by. 2012 has been such an exciting year for us and the people close to us:
-I gained a sister in law in March when my brother got married. Love you Caitlin!! 
-Max flew on a plane 8 times!
-Mike turned 27, I turned 25 and MAX TURNED ONE!!
-Max took swimming lessons and went to his first professional sporting event
-Mike & I got tattoos (his first)
-My best friend had a baby!!!!!! We love Roman sooooooo much! 
-3 of my friends got engaged 

Looking forward to what 2013 holds:
-Mike will attend job training classes for 2 months
-This will lead to a NEW LOCATION for us!!!!! We are so excited to find out where! 
-We will (hopefully) move somewhere that we enjoy a little more than here ;-)
-We will attend and participate in weddings
-Max will turn 2! And we plan to start the potty training process around that time. 

My goals:
-Get fit! And shed these pounds that I have accumulated over the course of 2012.
-Have more patience. Some days I have the patience of a saint and others I want to shoot someone just for looking in my direction.
-Start some at home preschool activities for Max. Now that he is becoming a toddler I am looking forward to working with him and watching him learn even more! 

We have been and continue to be so very blessed! I hope you do too. Happy New Year!!!!!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment