Monday, June 11, 2012

Max @ 10

Blog slacker? Yep, that's me. 2 MONTHS since my last post-yikes!

Max is now 10 months old. It blows my mind that I am the mother of a 10 month old little boy! He is ornery as ever and into absolutely EVERYTHING. He thinks he is part monkey and he climbs all over everything ie. mommy & daddy, the couch, the tv stand, attempts to do chin-ups on the computer desk and pack n play, etc. He is crazy! He refuses pureed food and insists on only feeding himself. He has mastered the sippy cup and can (and does!) remove his pants whenever he feels like it. He has TWELVE teeth, 8 on top and 4 on bottom. He is sleeping through the night again as of 2 weeks ago once his molars came in-- hallelujah! So I am no longer scary mommy with the dark eyes, crazy hair, and caffeine twitches. He goes to bed at a decent time.. 7:45-8 p.m. which leaves me & hubby with some adult time for us and our sanity--again, hallelujah! He is still taking 2 naps a day... when he decides to only take 1 I will probably cry for weeks. Nap time for Max is NECESSARY for mommy! He can stand alone and does frequently, but after about 10-15 seconds he realizes that he is standing by himself and quickly sits down. 2 weeks ago he took one step toward me but that was it and he hasn't attempted it since. I am glad that he isn't walking yet (too early for mommy to have a walker!) but I did assume that he would be walking by now simply because he has been crawling and pulling himself up for nearly 4 months. No walking is okay with me though!! He LOVES mommy & daddy but is unsure of pretty much everyone else. He is in the stranger-danger phase and will lose his mind if someone else tries to hold him. So don't take it personally if Max looks at you and screams.... you're not the only one! He used to let anyone and everyone hold him but not anymore! He has a TEMPER. Boy, does he have a temper. He hates being told no and you can bet that if told no numerous times (because he is persistent) he will arch his back, throw his head and meltdown. Or growl until his face gets red. Or try to claw me. Yeah, I know......... he is going to be a handful. I try not to let him get away with it because I refuse to have the bratty kid but sometimes I can't help but laugh. That's just Max. He is sweet and mean and nothing in between! He is wild and entertaining and keeps us on our toes! He will only sit still when he is drinking his bottle or if he hears Elmo's voice. I wish he still loved to cuddle but he is too busy for cuddling. He is constantly on the go until he hits the wall of exhaustion and then he just wants to be put in his crib with his paci and left alone. He no longer wants to cuddle or be rocked. He just wants to be in his bed... which is really nice! I'm glad he loves his bed... but I do miss my cuddle bug!! Hopefully someday he will want to cuddle with mommy again. Until then I will chase him around and take whatever slobbery open mouth kisses I can get!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment